Properly preparing, or seasoning, your humidor can make all the difference between perfectly preserved smokes and dried-up twigs. Stop by either Habana Premium location and our helpful staff can help you choose the right humidor and supplies for your needs.
- Activation Solution (Propylene Glycol/Distilled Water Solution)
- Lint-Free Cloth
- Humidification Device
Seasoning Your Humidor
- Moisten cloth and wipe down all exposed cedar surfaces on the inside of the humidor, including lip, trays and dividers.
- Close the lid and wait 1 hour.
- Moisten cloth again and repeat step 1.
- Close the lid again. Allow the box to sit closed and empty overnight.
- The next day, charge the humidification device and mount it, along with the hygrometer, in humidor.
- Place cigars in humidor and check hygrometer every day for the first week, your humidity level should remain at about 70%.
How to check Analog hygrometer accuracy
- Wrap hygrometer in a dampened paper towel.
- After a half hour or so, check dial to see if it reads 100%.
- If it reads less, turn the calibration screw until it reaches 100%.